Well, the BAD news is we're not going to buy the house discussed in the previous post.
The GOOD news is we're not going to buy the house discussed in the previous post.
It turns out the house is in an area which can flood badly during the rainy season. Of course, now, during the dry season, it looks wonderful. A new Mexican contractor friend offered to have a look at the area yesterday. He was concerned when I told him that we were in the process of buying a house there. When he saw the house, he pointed out the water flow during the rainy season and pointed out that this house was simply too low and in a flood area. In fact, he even found some standing water behind the house. "Sinking" our life savings into a such a risk would clearly be a bad decision. So, as much as we hated to, we withdrew our offer.
We are grateful to Antonio for taking the time to check this out for us. Back to square one. We are very disappointed that we won't be getting this beautiful, well-furnished this house for a bargain price. But, if it's too good to be true...